Sunday, November 28, 2010

THE BRITISH LIBRARY: UK ACCENTS

The British Library has really interesting websites, very useful to those who, like me, love the English language. You can try the learning website first and go on from there. I've chosen one about accents and dialects as we talked about this last Friday in the Bilingual group:

Sounds Familiar?

Travel through the country in this website by the British Library Online, and discover the UK’s rich landscape of diverse accents and dialects.
 The UK is a rich landscape of regional accents and dialects, each evidence of society’ s continuity and change, local history and day-to-day lives. This site captures and celebrates the diversity of spoken English in the second half of the twentieth century.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this. Is very interesting, I've just listened some different accents, the one I understand the best is from Ireland. And from Scotland, sounds very difficult to understand.

    : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for reading my blog and appreciating my effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH THAT I´M COPYING YOU!!! AN I???????? ;)

    ReplyDelete