Sunday, September 18, 2011

THE "TEN COMMANDMENTS"

At the beginning of every school year I like to tell my students about my expectations from them. This year is no different so here they are. Yes, they are the same as last year's and this is basically a repeat post, I've just corrected a few mistakes and typos.

This is a list of what I expect from you in class :
1.- Be polite and respect everyone: teasing, bullying, put-downs and sarcasm are NOT allowed.
2.- Bring the materials you need every day and be ready and willing to use them.
3.- Trust me as your teacher: I've been doing this for a long time and I know what I'm doing (most of the time ;))
4.- Pay attention in class and listen carefully to my instructions - and follow them-  and explanations.
5.- If you don't understand something or have doubts, ask. If you still don't understand, ask again. There are no dumb questions or dumb answers. Keep asking until you understand.
6.- Pay attention to your classmates and listen to them: you'll learn from them as much as from me (if not more).
7.- This is English class so English will be the main language. Be prepared to speak and interact with me and the other students and don't be afraid: we all make mistakes.
8.- Grammar is not as important as communication: your English is good if we understand you. But grammar is important too!
9.- Work hard and do your own homework : think about how to do it and use your notes and textbook if you need to. DO NOT COPY OTHER STUDENTS' WORK, it's a waste of time and I will know.
10.- Have fun and be happy!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment